Saturday, January 26, 2013

Yeah...it's been a while...again. Sorry!

My momma keeps asking when I'm going to write again and I keep getting side tracked which is actually par for the course right now. So let's catch up!

Since my last post I finally finished all my surgeries and procedures. Yay!  Since the car accident I've had 3 major surgeries and 3 semi-surgical procedures.  Not to mention the countless massages and chiropractic appointments.  Yeah, it was a busy 7 or 8 months.  Glad to be done with all that!

My last procedure was a couple of nerve cauterizations on a Tuesday morning.  Things went really well, but I felt a little off afterward.  Two days prior I all of a sudden had to get my hair cut right then and there.  This is very out of the norm for me considering I am crazy picky about who cuts my hair.  My stylist lives 4 hours away-like I said, crazy about who touches my hair.  Well, I got it cut by some girl at Cuts by Us.  She didn't do the worst job, but it also wasn't "woohoo!"  I tipped her $7 on a $13 cut.  That should have been my first clue.  The off-ness on Tuesday should have been my second.  I brushed them both off and went about my week.  Then came Thursday night.  I was at church as usual when at the end I felt sicker than a dog and almost began crying, because I couldn't find Isaac to take me home.  Again, not a typical me thing to do.  On the way home as my stomach feels like I'm about to barf everything I've eaten since Monday and I'm crying hysterically, I notice I'm freaking Isaac out.  :)   As I'm crying and he is trying to figure out if I need to go to the ER, I'm trying to think what my problem is.  As we are almost near the hospital (it's on our way home), I see the sign for the Women's Pavilion.  Then it hit me as I'm yelling at him to take me home and I'll explain when i can calm down.  Poor guy, i felt like I almost gave him a heart attack as I was completely fine the entire day up 'til then.  We get home, I pray to the porcelain gods, Isaac is pacing, and after 10 minutes of "prayer" I can finally catch my breath.  I told him, I thought I was pregnant and was peeing on my dollar store prego test first thing the next morning.

Keep in mind, I have been told for a number of years that it would be very difficult if not impossible to get pregnant.  I had also had 3 surgeries in the few months prior.  With that much anesthesia, it throws all your hormones (esp the chick ones) way off.  I hadn't had my period for 5 months.  Then had it and 2 weeks later had a surgery (typically when I would ovulate).  So amongst all of that craziness God just might have pulled an "I told ya so."  Friday morning came and I sprang out of bed and grabbed that good 'ol dollar store pregnancy test.  As I was watching the test and it was drawing the fluid up to the test and control line areas, that sucker light up like a Christmas tree.  I showed positive before it even got near the control line.  Holy cow, I'm pregnant!  I jumped in the shower to get my day started...and began yacking again.  Yup, I'm pregnant all right.  I told Isaac as soon as we got home from the gym, told my mother about a week later, and the rest of the world a bit after that.

Just one little glitch, I was starting a new job in a week.  Oops!  I had an appointment with my OB a couple weeks later and then told my new boss.  That one was a hard conversation to have.  She just kinda looked at me like I was crazy when I told her the date.  All she said was, "That's COM graduation day."  Oh crap!  That's our second biggest project in my new position.  The biggest is orientation, which is 1-2 weeks later.  I just quietly got up and slinked away.  A few days later she was a lot calmer about it and is now really happy for me.

Since I found out, we have had some awesome moments regarding the pregnancy and finally settled on the car accident.  It's been almost a year since the accident and I'm glad it's done and the Lord has created a miracle or two in the midst of the storm.  I know I kept this one short.  I think it was more for my sake than yours, because I needed to stop and remember that even in the hard and crazy storms, God is still with us and will even throw in a miracle or two when we wait on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment